Hi, we are nexible, founded in 2017 in Düsseldorf and we are looking to strengthen our team of over 20 digital and insurance professionals, marketing cracks and tech geeks. Together we are working on the digital insurance of the future. How do we work? We come together in cross-functional teams and also like to bring in external professionals from our partner networks. We work in an agile way, having a flat hierarchy, and use smart tools not only for our products but also in our everyday work. This creates space for ideas, for trying things out and for innovation.
How you make an impact:
In Düsseldorf or Remote Deutschland
- Conceptualising and developing scalable data pipelines and data models, including performing data cleaning, transformation, and quality checks.
- Taking ownership of existing data pipelines, and ensuring that they are regularly updated to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate closely with the data scientists/analysts in the teams and ensure that the team and stakeholders have access to the required quality data sets at all times.
- Continuously improve on the scalable data infrastructure, including measures to ensure data quality, monitoring and testing.
We welcome software (especially backend) engineers who are looking to develop into the Data Engineering area.
Our current tech stack at nexble includes Python, PostgreSQL, AWS, S3, Airflow and DBT.
What you bring to the nx community:
- Ability to design state of the art data architectures.
- Advanced knowledge in SQL and relational databases.
- Strong coding skills in Python (Pandas, Numpy etc.) and SQL (postgres, MySQL etc).
- Experience with code version systems (e.g. Git).
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Experience with workflow management/ETL tools (Airflow, AWS Glue, Luigi etc).
- Motivated to take on responsibilities with minimal management and supervision.
- B1 German level and B2+ English or vice versa 🙂
Good to have:
Skills in data caching, message queuing (e.g Kafka oder Confluent), some experience in webcrawling and/or webscraping, having worked directly with AWS, Airflow, DBT and Kubernetes are all considered a plus.
- Join us in Düsseldorf or Remote work (within Germany)
- Choose your own hardware (Mac, Windows)
- Cool loft Office in Düsseldorf (dogs welcome)
- Great team spirit (our people are the best benefit!)
- Budget for learning (courses, conferences etc.)
- 30 days vacation plus other public holidays including Rosenmontag
- Exciting tech-stack
- An agile environment with a start-up mentality
- Access to corporate benefits (job bike, discounts on gyms, retail etc.)
- Pension scheme and discounts on various insurance products
Greeting from our People & Culture Crew
We are looking forward to your application and we are here with you every step of the way. We know this can be an exciting and intimidating step in your journey and if you have any questions before applying, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to your application! You can apply here.